Spark and Hustle, L.A. 2011 – enough said
Katy Perry may be a Firework, but I am a SPARKLER! That’s right – a SPARKLER!
If you have been following me over the last few months, you know that attending SPARK AND HUSTLE with Tory Johnson was on my agenda. Well, I came, I went, I heard, I absorbed, I networked, and I am ready to SPARKLE!
Last Wednesday, I was lucky to leave Pittsburgh on one of only a few flights getting out due to bad weather all over the U.S. Myself and my very over-packed suitcase flew to Los Angeles, CA to attend SPARK AND HUSTLE. Many have asked me – Why California? Besides the fact of why not leave the snow/ice/cold to see sun, blue skies & movie stars, I planned to attend the first SPARK AND HUSTLE of 2011. The timing was perfect. It was time for me to stop planning & planning, and start DOING. That is the energy that Tory Johnson exudes — Putting the Hustle behind your Spark! After 3 days with Tory and her FABULOUS line up of speakers, I am ready to SPARKLE!
Upon arriving to SPARK AND HUSTLE (and checking in with Alex who I had already emailed with way too many questions), my stomach dropped. I felt as though I was on a huge roller coaster right before it is about to dip down a steep hill. After weeks of anticipation, I was certain that I had NO IDEA what I was doing at SPARK AND HUSTLE. Well, I stuck my name tag on, grabbed a seat, and Tory took the stage. It only took me about 60 seconds to ABSOLUTELY feel as though I was in the EXACT RIGHT PLACE!
The three days were a dream! Tory created the atmosphere that I have been searching for over many months. SPARK AND HUSTLE is an amazing gathering of women who can share, mentor, collaborate, and network because Tory sets the tone — there is enough business for all of us! Not only does Tory inspire herself, but she assembles the most amazing line-up of speakers. Each day, successful and vital women took the stage to share their experiences, and I TOOK each story in!
I thought that I would share with you a few of my favorite GEMS of the 3 days that are going to keep me SPARKLING for a long time:
- Jessica Herrin, founder & CEO of Stella & Dot, spoke on women entrepreneurs all having Tenacity and being a little CRAZY! We do something with the “Serendipitous moments in life.”
- Jess Weiner, Actionist!, promoted “being graceful in pursuing you.” Rejection is protection because when one door closes, another opens!
- Nell Merlino, CEO of Count Me In for Women’s Economic Independence, dispelled myths about needing a 30 page business plan (WHEW!). A ONE page plan can be our ticket to opportunities.
- Jack Nadel, Jack Nadel International — just amazing feeling his presence. Jack delivered the 3 R’s of Business – Relationships, Results, & Rewards.
- Ann Evanston, WarriorPreneur, insisted “BE YOU” on social media! People want to do business with real people.
- Michelle Pippin, Women who WOW!, instructed us to use some ELBOW GREASE in business!
- Shannon Wilburn, Adrienne Kallweit, & Cindy Morrison showed us how we can “marry up”, meet other women entrepreneurs, and make a Mastermind Group.
- Vivian Tenorio, creator of Signature Flan, riveted us with her story of making her family’s flan, getting in the car & driving to Whole Foods Headquarters, and having unbelievable success!
- Sari Crevin, founder of Booginhead, captured us with her !st trade show story — knowing the buyers ahead of time, sending for more product and selling her heart out.
Mostly, I thank Tory Johnson for taking me from “Dreaming & Deciding, to Doing”….and allowing me to SPARKLE!
Rachel Blaufeld ~ Backngroovemom